||Short-game Practice Area
For a Photo Slide Show, click here...
Wonderful short-game facilities;
One of North America's most complete short-game practice areas;
60% of all your shots are from 50 yards and in, and golfers have very little chance to practice actual, on-course conditions for these important scoring shots, so we decided to build this outstanding addition, where you can practice almost every scoring shot you’ll find on the course. One of Toronto’s best sports columnists called it “a masterpiece”.
Unquestionably the road to the most rapid improvement and lowering your handicap is short-game practice!.
Our short-game practice was constructed with design ideas from two world-class Golf Course Architects, one is among Canada's finest, and the second was Chief Designer for Jack Nicklaus Golf Design for 6 years. It was shaped by one of the finest golf course finishers in the business. When you see it, you will probably think it' has the look of a really nice golf course. It's a perfect place to spend an afternoon on your short game. You'll be able to practice virtually every shot from 40 yards and in that you would ever encounter on a golf course.
- 11 acres in size.... lots of room, without that crowded feeling
- 8 'Bent-grass' greens, , including a separate 7000 sq. ft. putting green, with swales and subtle rolls,
- separate 5000 sq. ft. bunker practice green, with 3 large 'Ohio sand' bunkers, with the sand level in each a different level from the putting surface
- separate 2000 sq. ft. chipping green with all the swales, berms, collars, and grass conditions that you'll find when your approach shot misses the green.
- Separate 5,000 sq. ft., contoured pitching green, with an opportunity to practice every type of approach shot from 50 yards out from all directions
- separate 1500 sq. ft. "lob wedge" pitching green for those short 'finesse' shots
- we have several areas of rough - might as well make it really killer
- A 3-hole Par-3 course, included with your short-game entrance, as long as it isn't in use for instruction.
- All of our tees, greens, and short-game area has been equipped with an automatic irrigation system
- Our short-game facility is available on a per-use basis, (no membership required), or on a money-saving membership plan